- Not good
- Your rating:
Your rating has been saved
Oops, something's gone wrong. Try again.
Paintbrush is fully compatible with:
- Mac OS X
You'll also need:
|Others:||Mac OS X 10.5+|
Paintbrush is also compatible with
Versions of Paintbrush
|Paintbrush 2.1.1 12/03/14||Free (GPL)||English||Download|
Did you know about a new version? Tell us
- Color accuracy: All-new internal image storage means far better color accuracy
- Transparent selection: Automatically remove the background color in selections to obtain pixel-perfect positioning
- Speed: In addition to full 64-bit support, various tools have gotten speed boosts, especially the massively improved Fill tool
- We’ve also added plenty of little fixes and features, including better printing options, enhanced image resize UI, improved transparency support (featuring a classic checkerboard pattern), and JPEG quality settings.
Note that this is a free download in ZIP format. Unzip it to reveal the DMG file. Double click the DMG file to open Paintbrush. You will need OS X 10.5+ for it to open correctly. Note that if you want to uninstall the Softonic toolbar, you must use the uninstall option from the Softonic icon in the Menu Bar. Do not simply drag the application to the Trash as the toolbar will be left behind.
Review last updated: 12/12/13
- Great for kids
- Simple to use
- Supports a range of graphic formats
- Very basic in features and preferences
- Hard to draw with a mouse
"Good program - but crashes"
The paintbrush program is great as far as basic editing goes, but two major bugs have turned me away from this program.
1) The program crashes during certain copy+paste activities. You are trying to copy from one image to another, make sure the first image is deselected before you click paste otherwise the program will crash and any unsaved progress will be lost.
2) The undo function sometimes undoes more than just the last activity depending on whether your undoing text, copied images, drawings, etc. There's no way to tell.
If they can fix these issues, then the program will be pretty good. Until then, the frustrations of losing work are far from worth the download.
- 03 Mar 2012
To commemorate Google Chrome's 5th birthday, our graphics editor Abel Bueno has prepared this... See more
Much of the reason for Photoshop's worldwide success is down to the fact that it was one of the first... See more
Questions and answers Paintbrush
- Under discussion
- 0 answers
- *****cannot translate without context********